Job Type: Full Time Salaried Exempt Reports To: Executive Director Date Updated: February 12, 2019 Educational Resources for Children, Inc. (ERfC) is a private, nonprofit organization established in 1994 to provide quality out-of-school time programs for children in Enfield, CT. ERfC’s mission is to team with kids, communities, schools, and families to grow resilient kids. Through innovative community collaborations, we help kids learn, reach their goals, and contribute to their communities. Our mission guides all of our organizational activities including our strategy of collaborating with a variety of organizations and individuals to provide quality, innovative services. ERfC, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, has been serving the Enfield community for 25 years.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for growing a new earned income venture with a team, including members of the ERfC Board of Directors. This individual will oversee the development, coordination, and administration of the year-round fee-based out-of-school time (OST) initiatives, including developing, organizing, planning, evaluating, and staffing.
• Improve profitability through strategic planning to enhance operations
• Develop relationships and strategic alliances with businesses and partners
• Plan sales and service campaigns; and provide sales forecasts and analysis
• Plan and prepare presentations and promotional strategies
• Demonstrated sales, negotiating, and project management skills
• Collect and analyze data and/or conduct surveys; lead focus groups
• Contribute information and program strategies by evaluating results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive activities; and analyzing and relaying client feedback
• Financial planning, marketing, strategy development, and implementation skills
• Oversee staff; recruit, interview and select well-qualified staff
• Develop, design, write, and edit brochures, flyers, reports and other educational materials for publication and distribution
Bachelor’s degree; and/or a minimum of three years of experience in business administration, sales and service, project development and management, planning, organizing and marketing.