- Healthy Meals = Healthy Minds
- Community Engagement
- Volunteer With Us
Educational Resources for Children, Inc. (ERfC) is a private, nonprofit organization established in 1994 to provide quality out-of-school time programs for children in Enfield, CT. All ERfC School-Age Centers are located in Enfield Public Schools and are licensed by the CT Office of Early Childhood (OEC).
ERfC’s mission is to team with kids, communities, schools, and families to grow resilient kids. Through innovative community collaborations, we help kids learn, reach their goals, and contribute to their communities. Our mission guides all of our organizational activities including our strategy of collaborating with a variety of organizations and individuals to provide quality out-of-school time services for youth and
The Curriculum Coordinator develops elementary and middle school curriculum for all out-of school time activities for multiple Before & After School Centers.
The Curriculum Coordinator
• Ensures that all teaching materials are effective and meets state education standards
• Develops a variety of project-based academic, enrichment, recreational activities; including
literacy, math, learning centers, life skills, social emotional learning, civic, STEAM, and cultural art activities
• Develops procedures for staff to implement curriculum
• Observes work of staff to assist in evaluating performance and recommend changes that could strengthen teaching skills
• Work with school parent organizations and teachers to lead and design activities for family events
• Effective writing skills
• Effective interpersonal skills to establish relationships with staff, school day teachers, and parents
• Creativity—the ability to think of new ways to engage students
• Leadership skills to coach staff on effective instructional strategies
Applicants must be 21+ years of age. Candidate must have three years’ of demonstrated experience developing lesson plans for K-8 students. Head teacher or teaching certificate preferred. Experience working in out-of-school time programs or as a teacher assistant a plus.
Salary range entry level–$32,000 – $38,000 based on experience
Complete an on-line application here; attach a cover letter outlining your interest and experience; attach an updated resume; and an unofficial copy of your college transcript and
certifications. All must be included with the application to be considered for the position.